Cocaine is a potent stimulant drug that may be used medicinally as a topical anesthetic. While cocaine does have limited medical use, it is known to be highly addictive when abused. When someone abuses cocaine, they are buying it off of the street from unreliable sources, making it impossible to determine the potency, quality, or safety of it.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), about 4.8 million people reported using cocaine in 2021.
If you or a loved one frequently abuses cocaine, you are likely to develop an addiction. Cocaine addiction requires extensive treatment under the supervision of a drug rehab center to achieve long-lasting sobriety. At New Jersey Interventions, we can help you find a New Jersey cocaine rehab center that meets your needs.
Signs You Need Treatment for Cocaine Addiction
When you are addicted to cocaine, you are at risk of developing lasting health problems as well as experiencing a life-threatening overdose. Attending cocaine rehab in New Jersey can ensure that you receive the services you need to get back on track.
- Experiencing obsessive thoughts about using cocaine or dealing with uncontrollable cravings
- Trying to hide your cocaine use to avoid being confronted by your loved ones
- Being unable to control the amount of cocaine you use
- Desiring to quit but not being able to stop despite multiple attempts
- Isolating from your friends and loved ones to abuse cocaine
- Losing interest in previously enjoyed activities because cocaine use has become the priority
- Physical effects of repeated cocaine abuse like insomnia, weight loss, increased energy, anxiety, or feelings of paranoia
- Needing to increase the amount of cocaine you use to experience the desired effect
- Dealing with withdrawal symptoms when you cannot use cocaine
What to Expect During Cocaine Rehab in New Jersey
If you are considering attending cocaine addiction treatment in New Jersey, you might be wondering what it is like. During cocaine rehab, you will participate in a variety of treatment services like medical detox, individual therapy, group counseling, and aftercare planning. Depending on your needs cocaine addiction treatment might last anywhere from 30 to 90 days.
Assessment and Individualized Treatment Planning
Cocaine addiction treatment centers in New Jersey understand that everyone is different. Rather than using a one-size-fits-all approach, they offer individualized treatment planning. To create an individualized treatment plan, the medical team will conduct an assessment that gathers information about your physical and mental health as well as your history of cocaine abuse.
Once your treatment plan is created, you will begin medical detox if necessary. Most people who are addicted to cocaine will require detox services, as the withdrawal symptoms can be difficult to cope with.
During detox, you will be prescribed medications that target specific symptoms you are experiencing. For example, if you are dealing with symptoms of depression you will be prescribed an antidepressant medication.
In addition to medications, your vital signs will be monitored consistently to ensure that you remain medically stable throughout the entire process. You will also have access to psychological support from a professional if needed.
After you complete detox, you will begin working on the emotional and behavioral aspects of recovery at an inpatient or outpatient level of care. Cocaine rehab centers in New Jersey use evidence-based therapies to ensure that the techniques used are effective in treating addiction.
Examples of evidence-based therapies include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Motivational interviewing (MI)
- Contingency management (CM)
- 12-step facilitation therapy
- The matrix model
- Family behavior therapy
Typically, these therapies focus on teaching you how to self-regulate your emotions, learning to avoid triggers for substance abuse, and providing you with healthy coping mechanisms to use during tough times.
Relapse Prevention and Aftercare
Lastly, cocaine rehab programs in New Jersey understand that staying sober can be difficult, especially when you are faced with daily triggers for substance abuse. To address this, they help you create a relapse prevention plan that includes a list of triggers that affect you and coping mechanisms to use in place of substance abuse.
Additionally, you will be given access to comprehensive aftercare services that help you stay connected to recovery once you leave the facility. These services may include:
- Continued therapy
- Medication management
- Referrals to outpatient or sober living programs
- Recommendations on local support groups like 12-step meetings
- Access to alumni support groups
- Case management services like help finding vocational, legal, medical, or housing assistance
Find Cocaine Rehab in New Jersey Today
If you or a loved one struggles with cocaine addiction, you’ve come to the right place. At New Jersey Addiction Interventions, we can help you find a reputable cocaine rehab program near you. Our admissions counselors are available 24-hours a day to take your call, verify your insurance, assess your needs, and help you start your recovery.
To learn more about attending cocaine rehab in New Jersey or to get started with a confidential, risk-free assessment, please contact us today.
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA): What is the scope of cocaine use in the United States, Retrieved November 2023 From https://nida.nih.gov/publications/research-reports/cocaine/what-scope-cocaine-use-in-united-states
- The National Library of Medicine (NLM): Evidence-based practices for substance use disorders, Retrieved November 2023 From https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3678283/
Medically Reviewed: November 24, 2023
All of the information on this page has been reviewed and verified by a certified addiction professional.